What is Pomalid 2 mg Capsule ?
Pomalid is the 1st generic version of the drug Pomalidomide. Pomalidomide is classified as an “immunomodulatory agent with antineoplastic activity,” and an “anti-angiogenic agent.” It is manufactured by Natco Pharma Limited that is one of the most reputed Indian pharmaceutical companies. Pomalid 2mg capsule is a prescription oncology medicine that can be purchased by a patient only against a valid prescription of a healthcare professional like hematologist or oncologist.
When is Pomalid 2 mg Capsule prescribed ?
Pomalid 2mg uses with another medication to treat multiple myeloma (a type of cancer that affects white blood cells).
How Does Pomalid (Pomalidomide) Capsule Work ?
Pomalidomide has several ways to work against myeloma cells :
- As an immunomodulatory medication, Pomalid (Pomalidomide) enhances the action of your immune system.
- This medicine helps prevent the growth of blood vessels and abnormal cells.
- When given with another medicine called dexamethasone, it stimulates the immune system to attack the cancer cells and stops the formation of blood vessels supplying cancer cells.
What are the adverse effects of Pomalid 2 mg Capsules ?
Pomalid may cause some serious, life-threatening side-effects. This does not mean that everyone who takes it will experience them. It depends on the medicine and how your body reacts.
The following are some of the pomalid 2mg side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine :
- Back pain
- Fatigue and weakness
- Difficulty sleeping
- Loss of appetite
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Upper respiratory infections
- Neuropathy (numbness and tingling)
- Shortness of breath
- Low white blood cell counts
- Low platelets (thrombocytopenia) etc.
- What are the storage instructions for Pomalid 2 mg ?
Many factors can damage your medication, including heat, air, light, and moisture. It’s important to keep in mind that where you store your medication can affect its potency and safety. Following storage instructions will be helpful in storing the drug in the best of manner.
Store pomalidomide 2 mg at 20°C-25°C (68°F-77°F); excursions permitted to 15°C-30°C (59°F-86°F)
Keep your capsules in a cool dry place. Some medicines require refrigerator, so check the information on the medicine bottle or label.
Keep pomalyst in its original bottle. Prescription and manufacturer bottles are created to protect the medication from light and moisture.
Keep this anti-cancer drug in a safe place so that children & pets can not reach it.
Keep Pomalid in a place with good lighting so you can always read the label and take the correct amount.
Keep your pomalidomide tab separate from your spouse or other family members. This will make it less likely that you take the wrong ones by mistake.