What is Keytruda 100mg?
keytruda 100mg/4ml (pembrolizumab) is a cancer medicine that interferes with the growth and spread of cancer cells in the body.
keytruda 100 mg is used to treat:
- advanced skin cancer (melanoma) that has spread to other parts of the body or cannot be surgically removed;
- a certain type of non-small cell lung cancer, if your tumor has a specific genetic marker for which your healthcare provider will test;
- head and neck cancer that has spread to other parts of the body, or has come back after prior treatment;
- classical Hodgkin lymphoma in adults and children;
- a certain type of bladder and urinary tract cancer that has spread to other parts of the body or cannot be surgically removed.
How is Keytruda given?
Keytruda 100mg is injected into a vein through an IV. A healthcare provider will give you this injection.
keytruda 100mg inj is usually given once every 3 weeks. Your healthcare doctor will determine how long to treat you with this medicine. Follow your healthcare provider dosing instructions.
Before you start treatment, your healthcare doctor will perform tests to make sure keytruda 100mg price is the best treatment for your type of skin cancer.
How does Keytruda (pembrolizumab) work?
buy keytruda 100mg/4ml (pembrolizumab) is a monoclonal antibody, a type of protein that has been designed to recognise and attach to a specific structure (called an antigen) that is found in certain cells in the body. Keytruda (pembrolizumab) has been designed to attach to and block a receptor called ‘programmed cell death-1’ (PD-1), which switches off the activity of certain cells of the immune system (the body’s natural defences) called T cells. By blocking PD-1, pembrolizumab prevents PD-1 from switching off these immune cells, thereby increasing the ability of the immune system to kill cancer cells.
Common side effects
The most adverse reactions ( ≥20% of patients) listed in the prescribing information include
- musculoskeletal pain
- decreased appetite
Warning of Keytruda 100mg/4ml Injection
- have immune system problems such as Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, or lupus
- have had an organ transplant
- lung or breathing problems
- liver problems
- have any other medical problems
Storage of Keytruda 100mg/4ml
Store vials under refrigeration between 2°C to 8°C.
The original carton should be protected from light.
Don’t freeze or shake the vials.